2. DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICE
The Service is a website that turns research into actionable tips for users to improve the happiness and well-being of students, teachers, school leaders, and schools. It also allows users to organize, share, and discuss the content of the website. Greater Good in Education is published by the Greater Good Science Center at the University of California, Berkeley.
Right to Modify Service.
Greater Good in Education reserves the right to immediately change, suspend, remove, or discontinue any part of the Service or any content (whether submitted by Greater Good in Education or by a member) for any reason, without prior notice or liability.
3. MEMBER CONDUCT
Conditions of Use.
As a condition of use, you agree to all of the following:
- You acknowledge that the service is for personal use only. You agree that you will not use the Service for any commercial purposes.
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Username.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any comments (defined below) that you submit, post, and display on the Service, or that you allow others to submit, post and/or display on the Service under your Username.
- You must not harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate other Greater Good in Education members.
- You must not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- You must not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “affiliate links,” or any other form of solicitation.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not violate any local laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to intellectual property laws).
- You must not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international member, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable Content.
- You must not create multiple member accounts with the intention of artificially inflating ratings or exploiting other features in the Service.
- You agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and grant Greater Good in Education all of the license grants granted herein.
- You agree that you shall be solely responsible for your own comments and the consequences of posting or publishing it.
- Greater Good in Education reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any comment by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of Greater Good in Education at any time, for any or no reason, without prior notice or warning, and without liability.
4. CONTENT SUBMITTED FOR INCLUSION OR MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE
Links to Other Sites and Resources.
The Service contains links to other websites or resources. Greater Good in Education has no control over such external sites and resources. You agree that (i) Greater Good in Education is not responsible for the availability or accuracy of such external sites and resources, and (ii) Greater Good in Education does not endorse nor is it responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or materials on or available from such external sites and resources.
Inappropriate Member-Submitted Comments.
The Service allows user comments. You acknowledge and agree that (i) Greater Good in Education is not and cannot be responsible for comments posted by users of the Service, (ii) you may be exposed to any such comments, and (iii) you must bear all risks associated with the exposure to and/or use of any comments, including without limitation any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such comments.
5. COPYRIGHT POLICY
8. WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY GREATER GOOD IN EDUCATION SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GREATER GOOD IN EDUCATION, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. GREATER GOOD IN EDUCATION MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE'S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SERVICE, AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE. GREATER GOOD IN EDUCATION DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND GREATER GOOD IN EDUCATION WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT GREATER GOOD IN EDUCATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GREATER GOOD IN EDUCATION WILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GREATER GOOD IN EDUCATION AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GREATER GOOD IN EDUCATION, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Waiver and Severability.
Greater Good in Education, the Greater Good in Education logo, and other Greater Good Science Center logos and names are trademarks of the Greater Good Science Center. You are free to share the Greater Good in Education logo or other brand material under one condition:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license: Your fair dealing or fair use rights; the author's moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.